Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Rant Thing....

I debated as to whether or not to post this on this blog or on my "Stuff Only I Care About"..otherwise known as "shit that I say".. Since this is obstensibly food related, I chose here...lucky readers...

I was watching Bizarre Foods America: Miami, tonite and was fine until they got to a restaurant that served extremely expensive items.. a "Kobe" hot dog, a "Wagyu Beef" steak (33 dollars per ounce), both things I learned from an article in Forbes don't even exist in this country. Also, Japanese spider crab for 200 dollars, and a large prime rib chop for 400. I don't know who to be angrier at, the restaurant for charging these prices or the consumers who gladly plunk their money down. I'm a firm believer in capitalism, but I have a real problem with restauranteurs who both perpetrate fraud with the whole "Kobe" thing, and who charge ridiculous prices. There was also an ice cream truck with pole dancers. I liked the various ethnic vibes in Miami (Cuban, South American, Jewish) but I disliked the whole Roman Orgy feel of the hedonistic excess and focus on image.

I've said it before, as much as I occasionally dig the pampering vibe when I need it, I"m a barefoot Okie girl at heart.. I like places 'of the people' and 'for the people'..real food for real folks, and if Miami has so much focus in the wrong direction, think I'll just avoid it, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. and the time you took out of your life to say that negative, thing, you can never get back..time you could have used for something positive. God writes down EVERY word you say and you will be held accountable for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm genuinely sorry for your pain brother... I hope you can find your way out of it someday. Christ be with you.

    ReplyDelete