Friday, June 1, 2012

Viva La Truck Food!

I'm terrible about taking pictures... I don't even OWN a camera...if you see pics, its because my eldest daughter has lent me hers...   anyhow..

I've always loved the idea of food trucks...they're where you are, convenient, less expensive than a sit down meal, and you can try many different things (and I'm ALL about that!)..  

So now, mixed in the with multiple standard Mexican taco type trucks (nothing wrong with that but if you grow up here you get used to it), are two interesting contemporary contenders..  Dusty Buns (who also just opened up a brick and mortar place as well), and Tako BBQ..  

Having had multiple items at both places I can recommend both..  at once even...     Dusty Buns is all about fresh, organic, and local...  sandwiches, tacos, salads, soups, sweets, all with interesting ingredients ...    Tako is our local Asian/Mexican fusion truck...  tacos, burritos, bowls, sliders, all with a Korean/Mexican flair...

I'm really hoping this is just the beginning... a city our size should have a lot more in the way of trucks...hell I'd open one myself if I had the cash, energy, and business management skills (not happening any time soon)...   I think if the city steps up  and shows that its a truck friendly environment, we could really shine, because we surely have the talent... and the demand is definitely there!

So Fresnans, patronize your local trucks and demand more!   And next time there's a city hall meeting on the subject....attend and be heard! Let the powers that be know in no uncertain terms that this is what the people want, and that it will bring good publicity (we NEED it), jobs (we NEED NEED them!), and revenue into the city...and that trucks can peacefully co-exist with brick and mortar places with plenty of business for both.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your post on food trucks in Fresno. Yes, we need more. Have you been to "off the grid" events in the bay area, where many trucks come together to offer an abundance of choices for the evening? We need a dessert truck in Fresno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I was just thinking that the next truck we need would be a dessert truck! I haven't been myself, but have friends who've gone to those events and say they are amazing but difficult to choose from so many! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete